Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Few Months... and now a few Christmas Cards.

Dear Readers,

As you can see from the last posting date...it has been quite a few months since my last post.  Not to get too much into the details of it...I had a stroke.  It was caused by some medication I was taking.  You know you've got a crafting addiction when none of your body wants to move or work but you are craving to operate a pair of scissors!  Yes, during the first days after my stroke that's all I wanted...A pair of scissors.  My hand would make the movement as my brain was thinking about scissors.  Fast forward now to a few months into rehabilitation and I'm finding cardmaking not only a joy but also a challenge and a bit theraputical in terms of figuring spatial relationships, fine motor skills...in cutting, stamping, etc. 

In the spirit of keeping my blog going and in keeping myself going physically and creatively, I share with you these photos of what's been going on in the craft room.  I should have taken photos of the boxed card sets I made as presents ...but I forgot before giving them.  I do however have a few random Christmas cards that are going to become boxed sets.






Thanks for taking a look.  Leave a comment ...constructive criticism is appreciated as well.

6 comments:

  1. Aimee, I am so sorry for your recent medical concerns, but happy that you are able to use crafting as a way to work your way back to health. All of your cards are beautiful I especially like the first one with the plaid background. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The red one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear about your stroke. Glad you are finally in the stages of recovery. Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your cards are gorgeous. so sorry to hear about your stroke but thrilled to hear you are doing well.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! These are astounding! I love the lot, but the Noel card with the bunch of pine is glorious! So pleased I stopped by your blog. Looking forward to many happy and crafty returns. So well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you healing hugs. Thanks for sharing your story and your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete