Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inspired By & Playing in Paradise!

Yep. Another two for one...my second attempt at creating 1 card for two challenges.  This is the second Inspired By challenge...I was also able to participate in their first one.  I'm loving the images that Laurel finds for us to be inspired by. This week's was postively delicious.  I was loving all the presents wrapped non traditional colours.

The challenge for Playing in Paradise #45 was to use a tree in our project. 

I started with a Vintage Cream card base, adhered some patterned paper...and then matted some complimentary patterened paper with the pastel green cardstock.  I die cut and stamped the tree from 'Tree Trimming Trio from Papertrey Ink.  The ornaments were fun and easy...I put some 1" score tape onto some cardstock, punched 1/2" circles, peeled the backing off and applied microfine glitter to them. Sparkly! I die cut the little slide that the sentiment was stamped onto from a cuttlebug die set. Threaded a ribbon through it and attached a button off to the side.


 
Doesn't that cake look like fun! I love all those packages in the assortment of non-traditional Christmas colours.



Paper: Vintage Cream Cardstock (PTI), Patterened Paper - Nana's Nursery Baby Girl (DCWV), Pastel Green Cardstock (Bazzill Basics)
Ink: Rose Petal Chalk Ink (S.E.I.), Razzberry Pigment Ink (ColorBox)
Stamps/Dies: Tree Trimming Trio (PTI), Tag Slide (Cuttlebug), Sentiment - Christmas Classics (Flourishes)
Embellishments: Ribbon (Michael's) Microfine Glitter - Fair (Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter), Floss and Button from my stash




6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the pink! Thanks for playing at Inspired By and SPP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and fun. I love that you have green in your card, but it's not on your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous. i love the colors. Threading the ribbon through the label & adhering the button is a great embellishment and different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! i love how the polka dot background is like falling snow around your tree. Great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely...such a pretty soft color palette! Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colours together... so different for Christmas! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Paradise!

    ReplyDelete